Thursday, May 7, 2009

Quivering tumors oh so beautiful









A post WAY OVERDUE, I apologise.
To explore the capabilities of the lilypad arduino, this is an experimentation to observe the polarity of the beautiful and the grotesque. Using unconventional materials (water balloons, stockings, pillow), I created a growth of tumor like infestation that quivers when it nears objects or people.

The original plan was to have the tumors visibly quiver and shake when someone comes near it, but my motor was too small, so only when someone touches it can they feel it shake.

I was really inspired by LucyandBart and their collection of whimsical experimentations with materials and the human body (refer to my earlier post on this topic).

Although nowhere near its finished state, I'm really happy with the effect it already has. I'm would like to continue with this project it hopes that it could turn into a larger installation of some sort, (I see carpets).

No comments:

Post a Comment